PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 40hp 2 stroke Enduro re-propping

the baker
02-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am needing some help! with a Yamaha 40hp 2 stroke enduro that has some issues in the top end rev range. What I believe may be happening is the prop is warn so much, that this is causing it to hit the rev limiter and cause a loss of power.

Has anyone had this problem to shed any light on this???

The prop on it is 11 3/8 X 12- G (standard) it has been suggested that a 11 1/8 X 13- G would be a better choice to remove the chance of over revving this is on a 4.4m tinnie.

Many Thanks for any help on this :).

Dave.

robothefisho
02-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Sounds like good advice, its not a problem if you don't hold it on the limiter. But yes a 13 would be a good choice.

the baker
02-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks rob, it just does not seem to have the legs that it should. It has been put up against a boat much the same and will not keep up.
right though the rev range it is sweet as until you get to the high end.

Dave.

Spaniard_King
02-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Going up a pitch may drop top end RPM to an unacceptable level. You say the prop is worn why not stay with the same pitch and just replace it beter to be up near the top end than struggling to get there.

tunaticer
02-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Ring Solas at Maroochydore and book in for a prop test, they will bring a selection to try out on the water to get the best one for you. Can not ask for better client liasons than that.

the baker
03-08-2011, 09:41 AM
thanks guys,

I shall look into getting a prop test done