PDA

View Full Version : Hastings Point and New Brighton

efc
07-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi all, I am heading down to Hastings Point caravan park in two weeks time and plan on doing some fishing out of my kayak.
I have never fished the area before and was wondering if there are any close in reefs?
I was thinking of maybe heading down to Pottsville or even New Brighton if they are better fishing spots.
If anyone has some hints or tips to fishing the area please let me know

Thanks

Nick

Wildman
28-03-2010, 04:08 PM
been some big schools of maks 2 mins drive south of pottie just south of the black rock

aussiefool
28-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Out from Hastings creek mouth about 1km there is a rock out crop. Mate I see lots of blokes out there on yaks trolling. Big fish =big fun
Andrew

DOMMO
04-04-2010, 11:21 AM
the rocks of hastings are ok for smaller snapper and cobia would be able to get some nice stuff if u had a sounder try of cook island at fingal too. get decent fish there.

efc
04-04-2010, 07:06 PM
cheers guys, i was down there from the 23rd to the 26th and didnt manage to get offshore in the kayaks (managed a good feed of whiting every night from pottsville). It looks like a good spot around the rocks out from the mouth at hastings. I will try and get down there over winter when the swell dies down (im still a learner paddler in the waves)