PDA

View Full Version : navman 457 faults?

iceknight
08-03-2009, 01:25 PM
has anyone had any problems with navman products?

ive recently purchused a navman 457 sounder ,

problems are , fish clutter the screen like theres no tomorrow.

and moisture behind the screen,

the moisture was there first time i tried to use it after install, and is still there,

also the bottom dose not show as good as the display unit, shows like smudged ink, compared to the crystal clear image in simulation mode,

anyone know what this particular unit is like for a sounder wise?

cheers,

Ice,

larfin
08-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Some of the 5 inch screen models had a fogging problem as for the sounder it is not as good as furuno but is also cheaper and works ok.Navman were aware of screen fogging issues and replaced my friends unit (twice).The larger units with 8 and 12 inch screens seem to be ok and dont fog.Could the clutter be a transducer problem?
cheers
greg

iceknight
08-03-2009, 10:39 PM
not sure, its all new and it pisses me that its not right.. the dealer i got it off told me theyv never had problems with moisture behind the screen and looked at me in disbelief when i told him,

was going to spend the extra and get the 585 furuno or the 620....

should of went with the furuno after all.....

larfin
08-03-2009, 11:53 PM
got a 585 myself its the ducks nuts
cheers
greg

Malcolm W
09-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Ice, a thread a while back had almost every brand from time to time with fogging issues, some more than others. My navman 6600 fogged on every trip until the screen cover blew off on the way to the ramp. A week after losing that the fogging disapeared and touch wood has been that way now for almost 2 years. It seems like the cover was holding the moisture in. The clutter and lack of bottom definition could be the settings, try going back in the menu and reset all of the settings to auto. Have a look at the clutter and gain and if auto is no good play with them in manual. Or as above if it gets worse at speed the transducer could be the cause