PDA

View Full Version : Best Bite Times

bluefin59
28-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I have seen here a couple of times best bite times charts similar to an alminaks info can someone direct me to where i can find this info ,thanks in advance for your help ...matt

first_mate
28-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Hi Bluefin,
Nugget has a prediction guide on his site http://nuggetfishing.com.au/

Regards,
Angus

rubba
28-06-2008, 09:48 PM
google maori fishing guide you will find free download its pretty spot on regards dale

tunaticer
29-06-2008, 07:48 AM
I use this tide and bite predictor, It's a very helpful tool in organizing a run.

http://www.wtides.com/

Jack.

bluefin59
29-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks rubba and ticer thats exactly what i am after ,ausfish comes through again ..matt

tenzing
01-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Yes Bluefin try the wtidesProgram. It is just a combination of a number of variables and the tide at a selected station. You can then vary the prest weightings of the variables if you wish

bluefin59
02-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks mate i have it downloaded and have got it up and running it seems like a great programme it just adds a new dimension to my fishing decisions thanks for your help guys ...matt

Poodroo
02-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Matt forget what all the charts tell you about the best bite times. I have learned and proved that the best bite times are :-
A) When you are taking a wizz over the side.....
B) When you are tucking into a peanut butter sandwich.......
C) When you are frantically trying to undo the mother of all wind knots. ::)

Poodroo

Obi _ Wan
02-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Poodroo,

Mate that is so spot on, i quite often, when things are a bit quite decide to take a wizz as you call it and 9 times out of 10, bang, a bite.

But really, to get a bite, with or without the prediction chart, you firstly, have to be where the fish are!

Cheers,
John.

bluefin59
03-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I usually find the best bite times are when i am changing a jighead on the wifes rod and she is useing mine ...matt

Local_Guy
03-07-2008, 04:12 PM
i would have thought the best bite time was when ever you can make it out fishing.

i had a chart that said "today will be good fishing" and it was no better than a day where it was suppose to be bad... same location, same bait, same setup.

Roo
03-07-2008, 04:13 PM
or when you put your expensive combo down for just a second :(

tenzing
03-07-2008, 04:20 PM
or when you put your expensive combo down for just a second :(
Going for a wee, or getting a drink from the esky at the other end of the boat isgenerally guaranteed toget a bite on the unattended rod.

Poodroo
04-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Poodroo,

Mate that is so spot on, i quite often, when things are a bit quite decide to take a wizz as you call it and 9 times out of 10, bang, a bite.

But really, to get a bite, with or without the prediction chart, you firstly, have to be where the fish are!

Cheers,
John.

One of the last trips around Wello with my son on board I had to take the proverbial tinkle over the side. Knowing the reputation for fish to bite at that precise moment I decided to hold the rod in one hand and do the usual with the other hand and you guessed it. Bang, a fish was on and my son was in hysterics watching me try do both at once. Ended up getting the fish in and it was a 68cm flatty.

Poodroo

For Steve
05-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I've got a bit of a theory about fish hitting plastics soon after you've put the rod down or in a holder. It happens too often to just be coincidence. I think the rod getting bumped sends a vibration through the braid to the jighead and somehow encourages the fish to bite.

Based on no scientific fact but one of the silly things I think about when out there.

Cheers
Brad

whatscracken
08-07-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm with Poodroo all the way, theres one that has happened to me and my mate when we're out a few times.

While one of us is trying to land a decent fish and the other is ready with the net and then the persons who is netting their rod gets smashed and then it turns into kaos.

As long as one fish makes it into the boat its not so bad

Fish_gutz
08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey brad you are spot on as i read an article a while ago from the crew that make the egrell rods that they had great success last winter of the cape just tapping the top of there rod to send vibrations down to trigger the snapps on plastics!
Roo! what can i say, i know your still hurting over the loss of that fine outfit but karma will repay you soon!you deserve to be gifted with great fishing for a long time after that incident! cheers Andrew

2manylures
09-07-2008, 11:01 PM
I've found just on dusk in summer time the best.

Spose different locations would have varied hot spots though! dunno 4 sure