PDA

View Full Version : T'n'T and some Tings...

T1
31-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi All

Well, a report is better than no report, especially in the current weather conditions so here goes...

For nearly 2 years, i've been hearing about the promised land of 'elbow slappers' but not been blessed to step onto it! Finally, TINN suggests that we head down as we would be able to fish even in this inclimate weather! Not one to shy away from a trip, we arrived just before sunset to this alleged spot. The wind was breezy but the place was fishable.

1st cast and TINN is onto a keeper - gee, not an elbow slapper but promising nonetheless! In i go and within minutes, my 1st is landed but given the limit just south of the border is 27cm, it duly was sent back to inform it's rellies that we were here! Well it must have done exactly that because by 9ish, the only thing doing any slapping was TINN - as i sat through his many versions of BIG Tings at this spot yet saw nothing but little catfish eels. So, the suggestion was made to try another of his treasured and productive spots. It certainly had to be better than this one and i needed to go home with some 'tings', even if they weren't the famed slappers!

We arrived at his next spot at 10ish and i must say, had he not taken me there, i would never have fished it, let alone even found it! Wouldn't have even thought of looking there to be honest. We're driving along and i said 'Are you sure we're allowed to go in here?!'. 'Yeah!' he says! 'I asked my cousin the same thing when he brought me here...'. Nonetheless, it looked cosy and we pulled up. The wind a bit breezier at this spot but again, still fishable and on my 1st cast, i'm on to my 1st keeper for the evening. Hoping it wasn't a similiar sign to the previous spot, i went in again and another comes ashore, albeit a throwback. I steadily caught a stream of fish over the next few hours to the high and managed a nice feed of 5 to add to TINN's lonesome and threw back at least a dozen that a few k's up the road would have been takers! Given that TINN had spent the best part of the time at spot 2 experimenting with his SP rod (PE Braid and wind just don't mix old mate) and munching on Twisties, we knocked off at the high and headed back!

Not the greatest haul of 'tings' but nice healthy fish and given the weather (not to mention the wasted 3 hours at the 1st spot), i was more than satisfied with the take home feed. Certainly augers well for next time in more favourable conditions that's for sure! A very enjoyable trip (as always with old chum TINN - sorry about the snoring on the way home) and it provided us with a 'fix' that's always needed...

Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable new year and here's to catching more fish, discovering more Spot X's and hearing your reels go ZZZZZZ in 08 (and more regularly)!

Take Care T

Pic 1 - Tings...
Pic 2 - Garlic/Milk marinated Tings with Salad and Cauli/Broccoli Mornay...

Pistol_P
31-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Nice T...

That second picture made me hungry.....and I have already eaten dinner....;D

Happy New Year to you mate.

Pete

Silent
31-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Nice haul of whiting and good looking meal there...Thanks I'm full (still envy your meal's better) ;D

Forwarding more report with a ton of zzzzz from you on new year 2008

chief
31-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Nice one T,nothing wrong with a feed of whiting. Great when the wheathers crap to have a few options and still have a great time.

Poodroo
31-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Good stuff T. Nothing wrong with a good feed of ting fillets that's for sure. Eager to take the new boat out I towed it all the way to Bribie on the weekend to try Bulimbah Creek. Plenty of whiting nibbles but I was after flathead which seemed to have gone on vacation on the day. Never mind, I was only too happy to be sitting on the water in a new rig regardless. Happy new year and good to see you still putting a report in from time to time. See you on the water soon.

Cheers,

Poodroo

Scalem
01-01-2008, 05:29 AM
Gidday T.

I would have almost died of shock having some ting pull up on the end of the rod that wasn't pink in colour::) It will happen soon though with a family trip planned.

My only question - where's the lie detector such as a brag mat or Great Whites hands to show either their size or lack thereof? Even your packet of smokes would have done!!;D

All the best for 2008 buddy, it's set to be a good year for you I am sure!;)

Scalem

outsiderskip
01-01-2008, 06:16 AM
hi t
good way start new year
nice feed off fillets done in beer batter

happy new year

pete

Horse
01-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Good to see some fish. I am contemplating a run this arvo just to blow away the cobwebs. Tings might be a good target. Especially some of Youngy's 40cm jobs

robersl
01-01-2008, 08:47 AM
well done t keep up the ting effort

shane

Dorado
01-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Some nice Tings there T. Gotta love a fresh feed of whiting.

Cheers,
Dorado

T1
01-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks fella's and Happy New Year to you all!

SCALEM - Brian, what do you want a Lie Detector test for on 28-29cm Whiting?

HORSE - Neil, anytime you want a hand with those 40cm slappers (allegedly), give me a yell...

POO - congrats on the new rig!

PISTOL - Pete, hoping to get up to Noosa sometime this year - would love to hook up for a flick...

Take Care T

Poodroo
01-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks fella's and Happy New Year to you all!

SCALEM - Brian, what do you want a Lie Detector test for on 28-29cm Whiting?

HORSE - Neil, anytime you want a hand with those 40cm slappers (allegedly), give me a yell...

POO - congrats on the new rig!

PISTOL - Pete, hoping to get up to Noosa sometime this year - would love to hook up for a flick...

Take Care T

Thanks T. Hey I still have the old tinny in my possession. Would you like to do a paint job on her? Lol

Poodroo

beefaman
01-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Nice work guys. Gotta love a feed of succulent whiting. mm mmm mmmmmm

codz22
02-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Good little feed mate, not a bad yarn either i can definately relate, got a few mates that sound awfully familiar.

Good Fishin Happy New Year

T1
02-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Good little feed mate, not a bad yarn either i can definately relate, got a few mates that sound awfully familiar.

Good Fishin Happy New Year

LOL CODZ!Nah, TINN is one of the most genuinely honest blokes you'll meet so i have no doubt that they're there - but as i didn't get one, then it's bagout time until it produces! i know what you mean though, i used to associate with a few like that and it's bloody annoying!

HNY2U2! T