PDA

View Full Version : Manners on the reefs

alleycat
01-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Just a few words on something that really cheeses me, was fishing green today and will hit mud on thursday and was left pretty angry at a 20 foot boat called "raptor" which came from manly i think, now we all know that people fish the reef along green from 7ft of water out to say 18 ft, its like a big rectangle, how hard is it to not motor full boar over this patch?, it isnt, just use a little common sense and thought for others, if you want to go to a different part of the reef either north or south then quietly motor off the reef then go where you like and then slip quietly back into the reef, this morning good old raptor just ploughed south to north right accross the productive fishing grounds and then seemed to just buzz everybody, its a 20ft boat and he just went from boat to boat putting around for a look, next time use some manners hey, a little thought goes a long way.

PS, not much about, kept 2 squire around 45 and let around 3 go at 36, im thinking that summer is actually better for snaps than winter in the bay.

eventime
01-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Well said,I had a bloke pull up about 2mtrs from me making heaps of noise while dropping his anchor, but before that he done about 5 laps around us.some people have no manners

Tinn
01-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Winter is much better than summer for snapps my friend but maybe you are just born to be a summer fisherman ;D and as for manners forget about it there are always idiots everywhere and not much can be done about it.

Wello will fire in the next few months but at the moment it looks like Green is the place to fish. Best of luck at Mud

juju
01-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I was out at scabrough reef one nite, just on sunset this guy comes out flat out, drops back to about 20klm...passes us by about 10 mt, works a run through the boats there while watching his sounder...turns comes back between everybody....gos right upto the edge of the reef in about 2 feet of water...chucks the anchor out making one hell of a splash...then backs down til the rope was tight..all this in about 6 feet of water.....boom..fish that were there gone....

Crisp Bee
01-05-2007, 12:47 PM
It just goes to show "Common Sense is not very Common"

whatscracken
01-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Sounds like the old story of "All the gear with no Idea" !!

marty+jojo
01-05-2007, 07:16 PM
What a wacker. Man i would have been pissed off.
Marty.

lumox
01-05-2007, 08:20 PM
bet they are the first to winge about no fish too

pickers
01-05-2007, 08:20 PM
sounds a bit like an arvo at peel I had a while ago except this wank dropped his anchor about 20mtr's behind me right on top of my patch of fish.
oh happy happy joy joy then it was all over.
pickers