PDA

View Full Version : cressbrook

breamking
15-09-2004, 06:01 PM
???Had a talk to a council chap today about the closure , and was told that they(council) will re open the ramp when water level reaches the bottom of the concrete boat ramp.I said that that could take years.Not much of a response.What can be done. :-[ >:(

jordo
16-09-2004, 05:43 PM
There bloody useless the toowoomba mob when it comes to doin anything at the dams unless its goin to get them money. I bought my yearly somerset permit on the weekend and ill continue to go down there more often. Comin back past cressbrook on the way home and the toowoomba city council were doin a controlled burn down there though ended up not bein in to much of control. It ended up burnin over 2000 acres and from home here from the smoke it lookes like its still goin alright. I just wish it burnt the boom gates!

see yas

murrayscod
16-09-2004, 06:12 PM
yeah well i reckon it was worse to launch when it was at teh bottom of the ramp cause of that crusher dust they put there. it only needs to come up about another 2 metres and itd be very safe. but whos gonn listen to our thoughts. anyways its not stoppping me from fishing there makes it harder to launch but ill get over it, especially when ive got it to myself usually. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
luke

Mattman
17-09-2004, 02:56 AM
roflmao they knocked them boom gates up in pretty good time though ay ::)

klyons
19-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Can anyone tell me if you can back a small trailer in anywhere at Cressbrook such as down beside the other ramp(the one thats been out of the water for months)

Kev

HAZ
21-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Hi Klyons,
I was out there last Sunday and asked the Ranger what's the go and he said that they are not allowing trailer wheels to enter the water at all anywhere out there. You can back down fairly close but have to lift your boat into the water. Mines got wheels so is no problem ;D Someone got bogged bigtime out there recently and left a BIG hole in the mud !
Regards,
HAZ.

klyons
02-10-2004, 03:56 PM
HAZ

Thanks mate

I've been away for couple of weeks. Am heading out tomorrow morning. If I don't kill myself getting the boat in hopefully the fish are co-operating.

Kev